Sunday, July 13, 2008

I have no idea what moved me to start this....Something new I would guess....I don't have a tendency to stick with things in cyber space that long. Perhaps my family can help me by chiming in and offering their own views on life. I will start by telling you about my family and the kind of life I lead.

I am married to the most wonderful man who ever existed. Every day he risks his life, not only to support his family, but to keep his community safe. He is the most intelligent person I know...His vocabulary puts me to shame (and I have always considered myself a bit of a wordsmith). He is strong in his opinions which is either a thorn in his side or his greatest attribute depending on the situation. His quick wit will often leave me scratching my head and provides a laugh for the whole family.

My daughter Mallory is the strongest, smartest, greatest gift that I have ever been given. She is growing into such a beautiful young woman and I know her talents and character are the envy of parents everywhere. We are very proud of her and all her many accomplishments. The most unforgettable quality about Mallory is her compassion for others. Whether it be children, the elderly, or anyone in between Mallory would give everything she owns if it meant helping another person.

In July of 2000, I was introduced to Emma who would eventually become my step-daughter and complete my heart. Emma lit up my life from the day I met her. She and I have developed a special bond that is difficult to describe yet real nonetheless. I am proud of everything she does. She is smart, caring, and generous. She is always up for an adventure and gets the greatest joy from the "little things" in life.

I am a mixed bag myself. I am many things besides wife and mother. I am a child care provider and through this line of work I have found my calling. I dug deep and have accomplished more than I ever dreamed was possible. In December I completed my AA and will be starting by BA in Early Childhood Education this August. I am a survivor as I have overcome some of life's biggest hurdles to get to where I am today. I am a traveler as this is something my husband and I enjoy doing as often as time permits. Together we have been to some pretty amazing places and seen some pretty amazing things. I am also tired....hopefully I can find myself picking this up another time.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Emily, I hope that you find this as cathardic and a useful tool to record some of your family's history.You can make it private if need be by requiring 'by invitation only'.
I am very proud of the young woman that Mallory is becoming. I like to think that we all, as her family, have had some input into that. We love her so much. It is almost indescribable, the power of that love. She will always have a big space in our hearts and lives.
I am also proud of you for the great turn-around you have have made in your life. It took desire,strength and willpower and you have done a fabulous job! You and Greg provide a stable and happy homelife for both girls and that is justification for being proud.
Many blessings to you and your wonderful family. Isn't that the most important thing-family?