Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is one of my favorite dinners ever made! As you can see we enjoyed a plate of corn on the cob, bought at Ron's Market in Mt. Pleasant, IA. We had squash, which was also bought at Ron's Market. We put Extra Virgin Olive Oil and some garlic powder and garlic salt in a bowl and mix it. We put that sauce on the asparagus and squash. We also sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it. We had Steak, which is my mom's special recipe, that she covers it with. The final thing we had was Roasted Potatoes and Onions. We used 5 Red Potatoes for 3 people. We cut them up and put them in a frying pan with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We let those cook and then add 1 onion and a tablespoon of margarine. This meal is again one of my favorite meals EVER!
The recipe for the squash and asparagus was from my grandma Karen.
The recipe for the Roasted Potatoes and Onions was from my Grandma Linda.

5 comments:

Chevy said...

Just flipping through blogs and your food caught my eye. I must be hungry LOL.

I'm a grandma Karen myself!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Thanks for the heads uo. I think this will be a great way to record your family story. You have lots of memories to record. You can do a combination of old and new tales. It will be like a journal. I love it!!!!
Grandma Linda

P.S. I will be listing your blog in a post and I will add a link so that you can reach your blog by clicking on your photo!!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

click on the name--chevy--it will take you toher profil. click on the name of her blog--chevy's rambling. she has an awesome picture story of the life cycle of butterflies that grow in her garden. She is a 49 yr. old grandma and may have some other neat things to check out.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yummy...Yummy...Yummy!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh my - DELISH!!!! Come cook for me?